Oak SCS Ltd Health and Safety Policy Statement
· Providing our drivers with resting and refreshment points after every journey milestone.
· We ensure the health and safety of all persons who may be affected by our activities by a 4-hour drive for long routes.
· Ensuring that our drivers do not drive earlier than 06.00 hrs or past 18.00 hrs (Except in special circumstances when they can drive up to 20.00 hrs)
· Consulting with and involving our staff and clients in matters relating to their own health and safety.
· Providing, managing, and maintaining our workplaces, grounds, and properties so that they are, as far as reasonably practicable, safe, and that risks to health are controlled. Providing adequate and appropriate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
· Providing, managing, and maintaining our vehicles and equipment so that it is, so far as reasonably practicable, safe, and that risks to health are controlled.
· Identifying hazards and conducting formal risk assessments when appropriate in order to minimize the risk for all activities we undertake.
· Ensuring that control measures and emergency procedures are: in place; effective; properly used; monitored and maintained.
· Implementing systems of work that are safe and where risks to health are controlled.
· Providing information, instruction, training, and supervision at all levels necessary to ensure that our staff and clients are competent to supervise or undertake their work activities and are aware of any related hazards and the measures to be taken to protect against them, and giving adequate information on relevant hazards to any persons whose health and safety might be affected by them.
· Keeping up to date with best practice in relation to health and safety and complying with all relevant legislation and authoritative guidance.
· Monitoring the safety performance of contractors who work for us.
Oak SCS Ltd Environment Policy Statement
• We will minimize toxic emissions through
• We will minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
• We will implement a training program for our staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving our performance.
• We will measure our impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
We accept responsibility for the harmful effects our operations have on both the local and global environment and are committed to reducing them. careful selection of our fleet & power source.
• We will actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
• We will source and promote product ranges that minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• We will meet, comply or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our company & customers.
• We will encourage the adoption of similar principles by our suppliers.